- Surface web: any webpages that typical search engines can access and index
- Deep Web: anything that a search engine cannot access (require a password to access)
- Dark web: small portion of the Deep Web that is intentionally hidden and inaccessible through standard web browsers. Use the anonymity software Tor (The onion router) accesses Tor hidden services that have the url extension ".onion".
(Anticounterfeiting on the Dark Web, 2015)
Home to a freewheeling collection of sites for everything from anonymous activism to illicit activities.
- Jamie Bartlett reports from the dark net. Check out his Ted talk ... Click on interactive transcript to read rather than watch video.
2. On Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Web
Anticounterfeiting on the Dark Web (2015, Apr 13) International Trademark Association. Retrieved from http://www.inta.org/Advocacy/Documents/2015/ACC%20Dark%20Web%20Report.pdf