The simplest way is to
- insert the image using the upload below the editor, then
- insert into the Post
- change the tab from visual to code
- find the img tag with the picture and inside the tag add align="left"
Another way (a little tricky) is to use the picture icon on the Post editor (there is a wee bug!).
- Insert the picture into the editor.
- Click on the image then click on the picture icon, this will bring up a dialog box
- Change the alignment to what you want, but.. before you save
Note that the dimensions are blank **this is the bug** if you save at this point the image will vanish (actually it becomes an image 1 pixel wide by 1 pixel high!)
- So here's a trick..
- highlight the Image URL (click in the Image URL text box and go Ctrl+A).
- Cut it out (Ctrl+X)
- Click in another of the text boxes (like image description)
- Then click in the inage URL one and paste the URL back! then..
- Click in the Image description one and the dimensions will magically appear!
- .. so you click Update and the image will appear as you wanted it to.