Allows you to track how busy your blog really is. And its free!
How do I do it?
- Surf to http://www.google.com/analytics/
- Sign in (if you are already have a gmail account this is real easy!)
- Analytics: New Account Signup
Enter the URL (in my case this was virtualmv.edublogs.org, and the account name was automatically created). Fill in the other stuff.
- Analytics: Tracking instructions
Read if you want to but take note of the number that starts with “UA-######-#” that’s the number you need to type in later.
And that’s all for google … now eduBlog
- Login to your EduBlog account as administrator (duh!)
- On the dashboard choose Plugins and scroll down (unless you have a large screen), and click Activate on Google Analytics
- A new tab appears next to Plugins (near the top of the screen) called Google Analytics, so click on it!
- In the Analytics User Account box type in the number you wrote down in set 4. (UA-######-#) and click Update UA String
.. and that’s it… Go to http://www.google.com/analytics/ and login to get the statistics…(There is a checker here to make sure it is actually working)